Monday, April 4, 2011

What is your "Treasure Cove"?

My “treasure cove” is my home office, a spare room in my home. I share the space with my craft supplies, snoopy collection, library of books, and four felines. Being surrounded with all of these things gives the room a comfy cozy feeling, which makes it easy to relax and create. The addition of music (I prefer country) and the aroma of a candle and/or a cup of tea gets the juices flowing as well.

My laptop, printer, paper, writing utensils, and reference books are all at my fingertips (and sometimes hidden under sleeping furballs). I prefer the use of my computer then pen and paper when I write. Although I am a proficient typist, it saves me time for research and catching up on my reading list (which is wayyyyy to long).

The majority of my writing time is first thing in the morning as the sun rises. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated after a good nights sleep. However, you could find me hiding out anytime of the day or night.

Where is your “treasure cove”? Do you prefer a computer to a pen and paper?

8 comments:

  1. I love to have a pen in my hand writing on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely pen and paper. DEFINITELY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm my designated spot is the dining room table. That way I can still see what is going on in the house. One day I plan on having my own space but right now, this does just fine. Besides I'm with Kelly and Cat, just give me a piece of paper (napkin...notecard, whatever) and writing utensil (pencil, pen...crayon) and I'm set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you have fur balls laying around you need to clean more often :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use paper/pen and my computer. I like both. I don't always have my computer on, so I keep a notebook with me at all times. You never know when inspiration will strike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my own space towards the back of my house. I watch TV back there, play with my dogs, and do all my writing stuff on my laptop, sitting in my recliner. I prefer the computer because I too am a proficient typist and I can sure read my typing better then my ugly handwriting. However when an idea comes to me that I feel I need to jot down immediately and my computers not on, I do pick up the pen and paper and start scribbling. To do that though makes me feel like I'm doing double the work cause I will just have to turn around and type it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,

    I have just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out at http://allynstotz.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. My writing space sounds a lot like yours - substitute two dogs at my feet for the four felines. I prefer pen and paper for first drafts then the computer once things start to take shape.

    ReplyDelete